A few minutes of maintenance can prevent hours of frustration. Use this checklist to get started!
- Empty the fuel tank and run the tiller until all the fuel in the lines and carburetor is used. This will prevent gas from gumming up the works, and will ensure that your tiller will start quickly and easily next season.
- Clean the tines and coat them with a light covering of rust-preventing oil.
- Tighten the nuts and bolts on the handles.
- Check your air filter and replace it, if necessary.
- Refer to the engine owner’s manual for additional storage and maintenance tips.
Visit the resources section for more information about Mantis tiller maintenance.