Useful Gardening and Yard Care Tips for Winter
Some tips and hints to help with your seasonal garden and yard care.
1. Can you compost in winter? Yes, if you live where temperatures stay above 40 degrees or more. And if you live where it’s colder, please read our winter composting tips.
3. Start planning for the spring! Take time to browse through garden catalogs and order seeds now. You may even want to make a map of your garden to help guide you in choosing your plants and/or vegetables. Order your seeds early to make sure you get the ones you want!
4. Keep your birdfeeders filled throughout winter.
5. Gently remove snow and ice from trees or shrubs, if necessary. The added weight will easily bend and break the branches.
6. In mid-late winter cut stems of forsythia, redbud, flowering pear, magnolia, or any of your favorite spring bloomers and force them indoors.
7. In warmer climates you can plant cool season vegetables such as onions, broccoli and cabbage.
Whether you get occasional or frequent snowfalls, clearing that snow is faster and easier with a Mantis Electric Snow Shovel. It is lightweight yet powerful, starts instantly, is compact and convenient to store.
Do you have a tip?
If you have a gardening tip that you'd like to share with others, or have a question about Mantis products, click here to e-mail us or feel free to give us a call at 1.800.366.6268.
We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting our web site.
Your friends at Mantis