Useful Gardening and Yard Care Tips for Winter
Here are some useful gardening tips for winter:
1. Order seeds and supplies for the upcoming gardening season. It's the perfect time to browse thru gardening catalogs to see what's new and order what you'll need to make this year's garden your best ever.
2. Start cole crop seeds indoors, so they are ready to transplant outdoors in early spring. Cole crops include broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, kale, kohlrabi, mustard, turnip, and watercress. Use the Mantis Planter/Furrower Attachment to make neat planting furrows for early vegetables that grow well in cooler temperatures.
3. Check the condition of your Mantis Tiller. If you left fuel in the tank, now is the time to start and run the tiller for a few minutes. You'll be glad that you did when tilling season arrives. Or let Mantis give your tiller a 'spa treatment'. Our Mantis service technicians will give your tiller a complete check-up and will perform some important preventative maintenance. Learn more.
4. Clean up your lawn. Unless your lawn is covered by a blanket of snow, consider raking the lawn to remove any leaf and twig debris that will prevent good grass formation in the spring. Raking the lawn is good exercise on a brisk winter day.
5. Winter winds and snowstorms can bring down branches and trees. Be ready to cut fallen limbs and trees with a Mantis Electric Chainsaw.
Featured Mantis Product: Mantis Pro Electric Chainsaw
The NEW Mantis Pro Electric Chainsaw provides superior cutting performance, yet it’s lighter and less noisy than gas powered models. And it is much easier to maintain.
With precision machined gears and transmissions, to ensure years of strong, sharp, effortless cutting service, it’s perfect for pruning or felling trees, cutting firewood, and more.
Do you have a tip?
If you have a gardening tip that you'd like to share with others, or have a question about Mantis products, click here to e-mail us or feel free to give us a call at 1.800.366.6268.
We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting our web site.
Your friends at Mantis