Useful Gardening and Yard Care Tips for Fall
Some tips and hints to help with your seasonal garden and yard care.
1. Aerate and dethatch the lawn now to improve its ability to absorb water, air and nutrients. Lawn aeration reduces water runoff, improves root growth, and enhances its ability to endure heat and drought stress. Thatch build up chokes the lawn; it hinders water penetration and weakens the lawn. Dethatching the lawn allows new grass shoots to grow, and improves the root system.
2. Compost leaves, grass clippings, and spent vegetable and flowers now to make brown gold for your lawn, flower beds, and garden.
3. Plant cool season vegetables such as lettuce, radish and carrots now for Fall harvest. See our tips for planting a Fall Garden.
4. Divide daylilies after they have finished blooming. Divide and transplant early-blooming perennials.
5. Take notes and pictures of your garden now, to plan for future plantings.
Use the Mantis Tiller with the Aerator or Dethatcher Attachment and quickly improve the overall quality of your lawn.
Do you have a tip?
If you have a gardening tip that you'd like to share with others, or have a question about Mantis products, click here to e-mail us or feel free to give us a call at 1.800.366.6268.
We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting our web site.
Your friends at Mantis